We are looking for team members for the newly created Computer Vision group led by ScD Eng. Tomasz Trzciński, Professor at the Warsaw University of Technology and at the Jagiellonian University. Our teams focus not only on scientific development but also on the possibility of the practical application of the created solutions in business and the economy. We create innovations that will soon be implemented, allowing you to see the real effects of your work. If you have similar ambitions, are looking for scientific challenges and want to prove yourself in actual market conditions, we invite you to apply.
PostDoc – Computer Vision
Place of work: Warsaw
You will carry out research and development work regarding such issues as:
- efficient methods of machine learning in applications related to computer vision,
- algorithms of creating efficient representation of data, including multimodal data,
- methods of machine learning concentrated on long-term development of artificial intelligence (continual learning, methods with reduced supervision including self-supervision methods, non-supervised methods and generative models),
- other related scientific issues.
Your work will be research-focused with minimal teaching responsibilities:
- teaching a minimum of 60 hours per year.
The knowledge and skills we are looking for:
- educational background: PhD in Science, preferred majors: Computer Science, or Mathematics or other science majors related to machine learning,
- experience in machine learning,
- practical experience in computer vision and machine learning, including programming skills with the use of such libraries as: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, OpenCV or similar,
- scientific publications presented during the most important thematic conferences such as: NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, CoRL, ACL, EMNLP, KDD, AAAI, IJCAI, COLT, UAI, AISTATS or in scientific journals TPAMI, IJCV, etc.,
- advanced level of English,
- very good programming skills,
- proactive approach to solve problems and scientific issues,
- excellent analytical and critical thinking skills,
- ability to work in a team.
We would be pleased to see in your application:
- experience in implementing artificial intelligence solutions,
- experience in efficient methods of machine learning, including continual learning, reduced supervision learning, generative models (GAN, VAE),
- references with min. 1 contact to person, who can recommend you.
- stable employment based on a fixed-term contract (2 years) with the possibility of its extension for another 9 months,
- working with high-level scientific staff in an international environment,
- flexible working hours in a hybrid system,
- private medical care,
- participation in the Medicover Benefits program and co-financing tickets for cultural events,
- real influence on the creation of the company’s structure and culture,
- remuneration: PLN 15,700 gross,
- an innovation bonus in the form of a share in the benefits from the future commercialisation of the research project results as additional remuneration. The bonus, depending on the model adopted for the commercialisation of the results of the research project, may take the form of:
- entitlement to a share of IDEAS NCBR’s income from the commercialisation of the results of the work (in particular in the form of licences or disposal of intellectual property rights), or
- entitlement to subscribe for shares or stocks in a spin-out company commercialising such solutions,
participation in scientific research on computer vision, machine learning and artificial intelligence,
- specialised training or field schools,
- tools necessary for work: mobile phone, laptop etc.
Please attach the following documents when applying:
- CV with the list of publications and description of the scientific achievements,
- motivation letter – a summary of professional accomplishments, including the description of research interests, achievements, research goals,
- copy of the diploma/diplomas confirming education.
At the next stage of the recruitment process we will ask to provide a research project description prepared accordingly to our guideline; the guideline is available at this link.
Further we will ask also to send us the contact details (name, email address, telephone no.) to one person who would be keen to provide a reference.
The set of required documents should be sent electronically using the “Apply online” button.
Please be informed that only candidate applications sent with above listed documents will be analyzed.